Head Chef & Proprietors Richard Gordon and Sonya Harvey welcome you to the Red Lion situated in the heart of Cranford near Kettering a village steeped in history & the pub being the mainstay since the 1700’s.
With over 50 years combined experience we bring people together with our love of great food and drink delivered with passion.
Priding ourselves on being ECO-local we have reduced our carbon footprint by using local produce, recycling & upcycling as much as possible as well as providing waste for Bio Fuel. #EcoLocalRedLion.
All welcome and catered for including dogs!
We have a water station for customers, walkers, cyclists & dogs.
HOW TO BOOK A TABLE AT THE RED LION
Due to government guidelines and Covid restrictions we are only taking bookings by telephone. Call 01536 330476.
The phone may be busy and during service hours it’s hard to answer so please be patient. Alternatively send details and booking requirement by email to email@example.com or Facebook messenger & we will call you back.
- We can only seat a maximum of 6 people- we cannot join tables or increase table sizes and please do not move seats or tables. This is in total breach of Covid 19 government restrictions.
- Children are allowed but you are responsible for their behaviour. They can not leave the table unsupervised and are not allowed to run or play. The play area is closed.
- Children can be booked up until 6pm on a table, and as terms & conditions of our license no under 18’s are allowed in after 8pm.
- We cannot supply high chairs as too unhygienic with Covid-19 but please feel free to being your own.
- We now require a non-refundable deposit of £5 per person Monday-Wednesday & a £10 non-refundable per person Thursday to Sunday. If you wish to cancel your booking at least 6 hours before you will be offered to move your booking to another date or time of choice without charge. If cancellation is made 6 hours or less before booking time deposit is non-refundable.
- Please advise if you require an indoor or outdoor table booking as we will be unable to swop when you arrive. Please see menus on our website redlioncranford.co.uk as the menus are very different for indoor or outdoor dining.
- Please can all disabled and customers that require help make us aware when booking so we can accommodate you.
- Food allergies & dietary requirements please make us aware when booking so chef can specially see to your needs before you arrive.
- We ask that you and your dinners all have the NHS Track and Trace App ready to scan the Red Lion cranford specific QR Code on arrival. If you could please let us know in advance that this facility is not available to you and the will we ask you to email Redliontrackandtrace@outlook.com before you arrive and the staff will double check your entry on arrival.
- Face masks are now mandatory when entering the building and you may only remove when you are safely sat to your table. May we also ask that if you leave your table to go to the toilets, Smoking area or you are leaving that again you ware your face masks. Exemptions are permitted but please make us aware.
- Please do not get up and approach the bar or leave your tables other than for the above reasons. The staff will do everything for you. It is strictly table service only.
- The Red Lion will strictly close dead on 10pm, please don’t be offended if we give you a bill at 2 minutes to 10 or we are asking you to leave at 10pm this is government law. We will come round to your tables about 9.30pm and make sure you have what you need and to serve you what you need until the very last minutes as long as you are aware you must vacate the premises dead on 10pm.
- Last of all please respect our rules and most of all be polite to the staff. Abuse of any sort will not be tolerated remember these are not our laws but we are duty bound to abide by these so we will implicate and we must insist you comply. If we all follow the simple guidelines then this in turn creates a safe and well balanced environment for you all to enjoy. Follow our entry points and arrowed direction around the business to keep you and us all safe and well if your not sure then please ask.
- Our Christmas Day and Christmas menus will be available from Monday 28th September and bookings will be taken.
What-ever your palette or pocket we have something to suit all diners. All food is cooked fresh to order and we are able to accommodate diners special dietary requirements & portion sizes.
Cask conditioned Real Ales & Beers, Gins Whiskeys and Wines – we have you covered from local producers to organic domains. We also offer a variety of non alcoholic drinks and local organic teas and coffees served from 10am Monday-Saturday (12noon Sunday).